We are pleased to announce the start of our Web Administrator Training Course, a learning path dedicated to all web developers and system administrators wishing to deepen their knowledge in the web environment.
The training course has been specially designed to provide a complete overview of all the skills necessary to configure, manage and administer a web server in a Windows and Linux environment, with technical-operational insights on server-side scripting (PHP), URL rewrite / redirect, management of HTTP / HTTPS calls and IT security. If you are an individual looking to strengthen your skill set, an organization working in the IT field, or a software development team that needs to improve their server-side DevOps approach, then this training course might be a good way to raise such knowledge in a simple and cost-effective way.
The course is split in ten (10) one-hour sessions and is dedicated to the in-depth study of the following topics:
- HTTP / HTTPS. HTTP protocol overview. Request-response lifecycle. SSL / TLS certificates.
- Server-Side Scripting. Server-side programming languages overview: PHP, ASP.NET, Java, Python. Installation methods: modules, extensions and CGI. Configuration file. Patching, maintenance, security policies and best practices.
- Domains and DNS. Domain configuration. DNS management. Record A, CNAME, TXT, MX. Fundamentals of networking (IP routing, ping, hostname resolution, IP classes). DNS management with Aruba and Cloudflare.
- Web Servers. Overview of the main web servers: IIS, Nginx, Apache. Installation, configuration and maintenance of a web server. Logging, monitoring and troubleshooting functionality.
- Caching. Types of cache: client-side caching, intermediate caching, server-side caching. Reverse Proxy. Content-Delivery Network. HTTP cache headers. Cloudflare cache management.
- IT Security. FileSystem permissions and permissions. Access Control List. Authentication, Authorization, Encryption, Backup. Data Encryption in-transit and at-rest. OWASP Top 10: SQL Injection, Broken Authentication, XML External Entities (XXE), Security Misconfiguration, Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), Insecure Deserialization, Broken Components, Insufficient Logging & Monitoring. HTTP Security Headers.
The course will be conducted using the latest versions of the operating systems and development frameworks involved and is held by certified professionals in Microsoft Windows and MS Azure.
The course also includes:
- Practical exercises in the form of multiple choice quizzes, which allow you to check the learning level of the participants.
- Certificate of attendance, issued via Digital Badge.
- 10 summary handouts, in PDF format, each one containing a summary of the topics covered in its a single session.
The course can be organized at the customer's office / company or online through a web meeting platform chosen by the participants (Google Meet, MS Teams, Zoom, Cisco WebEx, etc.). The 10 hours can be delivered over 10 meetings of 1 hour each or 5 meetings of 2 hours each.
The cost of the course, including 10 hours of online training and materials, varies according to the number of participants:
- One participant (individual). 700 EUR
- Two participants. 600 EUR per participant
- Three participants. 500 EUR per participant
- Four or more participants. 400 EUR per participant
The cost of the course organized at the customer's office / company provides for the same pricing as above, with the addition of a reimbursement of travel expenses.