The World Wide Web has revolutionised the way business used to be done. In order to sustain in the long run and stand out as a distinct brand, a solid web presence is the need of the hour for any business and for achieving that, proper and efficient web designing is absolutely imperative.
In order to succeed there are a plethora of web design standards that one needs to adhere to. CSS and HTML happen to be two of the most vital languages for creating appealing and user-friendly web designs. The web page that that you come across is the combination of style, structure and interactivity. The CSS and the HTML are responsible for conducting this work.
So here's a detailed discussion about CSS and HTML and how they work together for bringing forth a lucrative and interesting web page.
What is CSS?
Cascading Style Sheets which is also known as CSS is an integral part of the modern process of web development for both the pages and applications. It is a language intended for web page designing and was initially created for differentiating between the document presentation and document content. It happens to be a highly effective tool that offers easier control over the presentation and layout of the website pages. With CSS, the designers have more control over the designs and have better opportunities of creativity.
As designers have to design for more than just one type of browser, it can be quite time-consuming and tricky for them. At the time of creating sites, this assists in saving the users effort, money and time. The designers can easily create style sheets with the CSS. As a result of that, when one edits one page, the other affected alterations are conducted automatically. For the detailed and larger websites, the designers do not have to go for multiple edits because of this. CSS3 is the latest version of this language.
What is HTML?
HTML has been the standard for structuring professional website pages ever since its emergence in the early 1990s. It stands for Hypertext Markup Language and its aim is to standardize the web platform. With fresh characteristics, behaviours and elements, HTML5 is the latest version of the language.
HTML happens to be a code or language that is used to position and edit the texts, frames, images and other elements of web page. If you choose the “Source” option after choosing the “View” in your web browser, anyone can see the code used to create the website.
With HTML a simple web page can be derived with just a few codes or tags. More creativity can be imbibed into a site with the more complex HTML.
Here are some of the benefits that also define the role of HTML and CSS in your business. Just read on.
Role of CSS and HTML in Website Development
Even though HTML5 plays an indispensable role in case of web design there is heavy reliance on CSS for interactivity and animation. This will make your website or web application stand out and create its distinct identity. Here are the major benefits and the role played by these two languages for your web development.
- Ranking in the Search Engine – A website that is designed well adhering to the coding and semantics standard will be able to get higher ranks in the search engines. The usability and quality of the content go hand-in-hand as far as page ranks are concerned. With HTML and CSS you can achieve that.
- Multi-platform Support – One can create web pages or applications that are independent of device or browsers with the help of a combination of CSS and HTML. There are certain techniques that ensure that the website works on all browsers effectively.
- Browsing Offline – HTML also facilitates to store code locally through the application of offline cache. This enhances the webpage performance and also aids businesses to deliver an offline experience of the product through the webpage.
- Enhanced Design –The use of CSS enables the professionals of web design agency in California to make use of the new features like fancy borders, background features, typography enhancement, animation and other presentational layouts that result in the creation of cleaner webpages that are also visually appealing. There is also more flexibility in the process of web design when one opts for CSS.
- Support of Multi Media - The manipulation after the multimedia content embedding is possible with the video and audio elements of HTML. The added features like camera API, WebRTC, WebVTT and track improve the user experience on the website.
- Geo Location Tagging – Geo-location is possible through HTML that will assist the developers in developing that are based on locations like ecommerce and food websites.
Thus, it can be said that the requirement of writing and developing codes for different markets, devices and platforms is done away with by the use of CSS and HTML. While CSS is responsible for the visual layout of websites, HTML offers the structure of the page.
Now a single batch of written code can be written everywhere and as a result of that the costs, efforts and time of development and maintenance of websites are reduced to a great extent making things easier for everyone. So it can be said that both CSS and HTML play a decisive role in the development of any website and their significance is immense if you want to carve out a niche of your own in your specific domain after sustaining in the ongoing rat-race.