As you probably already know, native Mobile Apps are a great way to provide your online content to smartphone & tablet users with a better UI/UX experience: mobile apps can significantly increase engagement and, most importantly, reach an additional amount of potential readers thanks to the app stores.
For that very reason, making your WordPress blog (or website) content available through a native mobile app might be a great idea if you're looking to increase the overall visibility of your posts. However, building a native mobile app requires programming skills, or hiring a dedicated mobile app development company that will easily cost you a lot of money ($10,000 and upwards).
If you are looking for a way to convert your WordPress blog (or website) into an Android mobile app without having to pay that much, keep reading, because we'll show you how to do that for free!
AppsGeyser WordPress App Builder
The technique we're going to use relies upon AppsGeyser Free WordPress App Builder, a free tool created to make mobile app development accessible for everyone. To create a mobile app with this tool, you'll have to perform the following steps:
- Access the Create Website App page on the AppsGeyser website
- Insert your website link
- Give a name to the app
- Upload the icon
The tool will eventually build a mobile app within a few minutes: the generated APK will be ready to be uploaded on Google Play, without hidden charges - except for the AppsGeyser branding and some ads (both of these features can be turned on with a premium plan - see below).
Here's a YouTube video that shows how to use the tool:
As you can see from the video, the tool will eventually build a mobile app within a few minutes: the generated APK will be ready to be uploaded on Google Play, without hidden charges - except for the AppsGeyser branding and some ads (both of these features can be turned on with a premium plan - see below).
It goes without saying that the tool also offers some premium features, such as:
- No Ads & Ads Control. Turn off the ads in your app or control the probability or frequency of the ads being shown during the app usage.
- White Label. Remove the AppsGeyser branding from the app.
- Custom Branding. Add your own branding to the about screen to make your app more solid.
- Push Notifications. Send an unlimited number of push notifications to your users.
- In-App Purchases. Add In-App purchases to sell your products or services and to increase your income.
- Premium Support. Get answers to your queries and requests faster with premium quality support.
Aside from the free plan, AppsGeyser offers 3 premium plans with annual and monthly billings:
- Starter. 7$/month (or 1.5$/month with annual billing). App Making, Distribution, Editing, Monetization, Backups, Premium Support, and Anti-Spam Protection.
- Individual. 20$/month (or 5$/month with annual billing). All of the above, plus White Label, Push Notifications, Ads Management, and In-app purchases.
- Master. 40$/month (or 10$/month with annual billing). All of the above, plus Custom Branding, and custom Push Notifications.
If you’re looking for a tool that allows converting your WordPress site into an app, we definitely recommend using the AppsGeyser tool, which offers roughly the same features as other valuable competitors - such as AppPresser or Mobiloud - at a fraction of the price. All in all, we hope this article helped you find the best tool to convert a WordPress site into a mobile app.