A few weeks ago, I announced that my upcoming book, ASP.NET Core Web API, which I'm currently writing for Manning Publications, has just reached the MEAP state.
Today I have another important news that might interest those who want to get it: on June 9th the book ASP.NET Core Web API, together with other selected Manning titles, will be featured as the Deal of the Day!
The Deal of the Day is an initiative of Manning Publications that applies a daily 45% discount to a group of selected titles sharing the same topic. The 9th of June is the ASP.NET Core day, meaning the above discount will be applied to the following titles:
- ASP.NET Core Web API (that's my book!)
- ASP.NET Core in Action, Second Edition
- ASP.NET Core Security
- ASP.NET Core Razor Pages in Action
The great thing about the Deal of the Day initiative is that the selected titles for each day always address the same technology - which allows you to benefit from multiple deals when the one that you're interested in gets picked: for that very reason, June 9th is a great opportunity to get those titles at a fraction of the price for all ASP.NET Core enthusiasts!
For more information about the initiative, check out the Deal of the Day official page; in the next sections, you'll find a short description of each of the selected titles.
ASP.NET Core Web API
Create fully-featured APIs with the ASP.NET Core framework! This practical guide shows you how to design and implement APIs using the REST and GraphQL standards.
In ASP.NET Core Web API you will learn how to:
- Set up your environment with VS 2019, Node, Git, and more
- Create an ASP.NET Core project from scratch
- Integrate with SQL Server
- Use Entity Framework Core to set up a data model
- Create back-end controllers
- Design an API to serve data
- Write API documentation using Swagger and Swashbuckle
- Consume an API using typical web client-side frameworks, including Angular and ReactJS
- Handle requests and routes using controllers and Minimal API
ASP.NET Core Web API is a practical beginner’s guide to creating your first web APIs using ASP.NET Core. In it, you’ll develop an API that feeds web-based services, including websites and mobile apps, for a board games application. The book is structured just like a real-world development project, with each chapter introducing a new feature request. You’ll build your API with an ecosystem of ASP.NET Core tools that help simplify everything from setting up your data model to generating documentation.
ASP.NET Core in Action, Second Edition
Fully updated to ASP.NET 5.0, ASP.NET Core in Action, Second Edition is a hands-on primer to building cross-platform web applications with your C# and .NET skills. Even if you've never worked with ASP.NET you'll start creating productive cross-platform web apps fast.
The book is a comprehensive guide to creating web applications with ASP.NET Core 5.0. Go from basic HTTP concepts to advanced framework customization. Illustrations and annotated code make learning visual and easy. Master logins, dependency injection, security, and more. This updated edition covers the latest features, including Razor Pages and the new hosting paradigm.
ASP.NET Core Security
Understand and stop the hacks you read about in the headlines! This practical guide includes secure code samples, built-in ASP.NET tools, and insider techniques to help your web applications stay safe and secure.
In ASP.NET Core Security, you will learn how to:
- Understand common attacks against web applications
- Implement attack countermeasures
- Use testing tools, helper libraries, and scanning tools to improve security
- Utilize built-in browser security features and activate them from ASP.NET Core applications
- Handle security APIs in .NET and ASP.NET Core
- Correctly manage passwords to minimize the damage done by a data leak
- Securely store application secrets so that they are not accessible to an attacker
ASP.NET Core Security delivers the skills and countermeasures you need to keep your ASP.NET apps secure from the most common web application attacks. It gives you an invaluable security mindset to help you anticipate risks and introduce practices like testing as regular security checkups. The examples focus on the unique needs of ASP.NET applications, and also offer universal security best practices essential for any professional web developer.
ASP.NET Core Razor Pages in Action
Razor Pages lets you build, configure, and deploy amazing dynamic ASP.NET websites with ease.
In ASP.NET Core Razor Pages in Action you will learn:
- Building, configuring and publishing a data-driven website
- Creating a complete web application step-by-step
- Forms for collecting and processing user data
- Connecting to databases from a Razor Page
- Protecting areas of a Razor Page from unauthorized access with ASP.NET Identity
- Using Object Relational Mapping tools to work with data in Razor Pages applications
- Generating CRUD pages using scaffolding gestures
- Generating and sending email from your web application
ASP.NET Core Razor Pages in Action teaches you to develop dynamic websites using the powerful Razor Pages framework, .NET 6, and ASP.NET. Razor Pages generates HTML on the server and is the perfect choice for eCommerce sites, intranet services, content management systems, and other apps that require reliability. In this book, you’ll use Razor Pages to build a complete application for booking city breaks, learning to iterate amazing new features chapter-by-chapter.