I’m happy to announce that the ASP.NET Core 3 and Angular 9 book is finally available for purchase – in E-Book and Paperback format – on all the major online stores, including:
- Packt Publishing
- Amazon.com | it | uk | in |de | fr | jp
- Google Play
- Barnes & Noble
- Rakuten Kobo
… and more!
Here’s the updated cover:
As always, if you get it from the Packt Publishing online store you’ll be able to obtain a good discount (25%) by using the RYADEL25 promo code.
It’s worth noting that the new edition is a 700-pages complete rewrite (the previous book was 550) and comes with a huge GitHub source code repository filled with brand-new sample projects that are fully usable by everyone – without having to buy anything.
If you want to know what the book is about, here’s the product information sheet. I definitely hope that you will like it just like you did with the previous one (ASP.NET Core 2 and Angular 5), who happened to be a best-seller in multiple countries with more than 15000 copies sold throughout the world and even a video course on Udemy! That couldn’t be made possible without you, so thanks again and… get ready for another development journey!
- Explore the latest edition of the bestselling book ASP.NET Core 2 and Angular 5
- Design, build and deploy a Single Page Application or Progressive Web App with ASP.NET Core and Angular
- Adopt a full stack approach to handle data management, Web APIs, application design, testing, SEO, security and deployment
Learning full stack development calls for knowledge of both frontend and backend web development. By covering the impressive capabilities of ASP.NET Core 3.1 and Angular 9, right from project setup through to the deployment phase, this book will help you to develop your skills effectively.
The book will get you started with using the .NET Core framework and Web API Controllers to implement API calls and server-side routing in the backend. Next, you will learn to build a data model with Entity Framework Core and configure it using either a local SQL Server instance or cloud-based data stores such as Microsoft Azure. The book will also help you handle user input with Angular reactive forms and frontend and backend validators for maximum effect. You will later explore the advanced debugging and unit testing features provided by xUnit.net (.NET Core) and Jasmine, as well as Karma for Angular. Finally, you will implement various authentication and authorization techniques with the ASP.NET Core Identity system and the new IdentityServer, as well as deploy your apps on Windows and Linux servers using IIS, Kestrel, and Nginx.
By the end of this book, you will be equipped with the skills you need to create efficient web applications using ASP.NET Core and Angular.
What you will learn
- Implement a Web API interface with ASP.NET Core and consume it with Angular using RxJS Observables
- Create a data model using Entity Framework Core with code-first approach and migrations support
- Set up and configure a SQL database server using a local instance or a cloud data store on Azure
- Create TDD and BDD unit test using xUnit, Jasmine, and Karma
- Implement authentication and authorization using ASP.NET Identity, IdentityServer4, and Angular API
- Build Progressive Web Apps and explore Service Workers
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced ASP.NET developers who already know about ASP.NET Core and Angular and are looking to learn more about them and understand how to use them together to create production-ready Single Page Applications (SPAs) or Progressive Web Applications (PWAs). However, the fully-documented code samples (also available on GitHub) and the step-by-step implementation tutorials make this book easy-to-understand – even for beginners and developers who are just getting started.
Table of Contents
- Getting Ready
- Looking Around
- Front-end and Back-end Interactions
- Data Model with Entity Framework Core
- Fetching and Displaying Data
- Forms and Data Validation
- Code Tweaks and Data Services
- Back-end and Front-end Debugging
- ASP.NET Core and Angular Unit Testing
- Authentication and Authorization
- Progressive Web Apps
- Windows and Linux Deployment