Are you wondering how to recover deleted files from an SD card? In fact, most people believe that once you delete something, it is then impossible to recover it.
Most of the time, people accidentally exclude data from the SD card. Or oftentimes they delete data in a necessity when they need space on the SD card.
Although you don’t have to fret about the data and files permanently lost from the SD card. Any data you delete still lingers on the SD card, although it doesn’t show up. That particular data remains until you add new data to it.
Furthermore, many SD card users have thrown away their cards in rage after accidentally deleting their data. And why not let all the sweet memories and great moments wind up? However, this happens when you don’t know that you can still recover the deleted files from the SD card.
So you must be wondering how? We are here to help you out with the best ways to recover deleted files from an SD card.
You can recover files deleted from an SD card in the following situations:
- SD card that is formatted. The majority of the devices forcefully format the SD card, sabotaging your valuable data. Although the lost data on the SD card can quickly be recovered with a few clicks.
- The data was accidentally deleted. While life is pretty busy, sometimes people ought to accidentally delete data from their SD card. Although you don't have to panic because you can recover accidentally deleted data on the SD card.
- Data loss caused by viruses and malware. The majority of the data is suddenly lost from the SD card due to diverse viruses and malware. You can quickly recover your precious lost data if it is lost due to viruses and malware.
- Data Loss due to a corrupted SD Card. A corrupted SD card is a common cause. When an SD is corrupted, all the data vanishes. However, data lost from a corrupted SD card is entirely recoverable.
- Data lost due to a damaged SD card. If an SD card is slightly damaged, you can recover the data from it. However, in the case of heavily damaged cards, an exceptional data recovery service will be needed.
- Data was lost due to a filesystem malfunction. Evidently, data in the SD card can change the file type. Significantly when it changes to RAW, it is impossible to view your files. In this case, you can recover your data from the SD card.
So these are the different SD card data loss situations. Regardless of the one that suits your scenario, it is quite difficult to recover deleted files from an SD card without software in most cases... unless you have a fresh backup ready. Unfortunately, if you don't have it, being able to retrieve or recover deleted files from an SD card without software is almost impossible.
Here are some distinctive characteristics of Tenorshare 4DDiG:
- Supports both Windows and Mac
- Can recover data from both OS internal and external devices, including Hard drives, USB, SD cards, and so on
- Can recover various file types, including pictures, word, excel, videos, and so on
- Supports M1 chip Mac data recovery and T2 secured mac data recovery
Recover deleted files on Windows
Tenorshare 4DDiG enables the recovery of data from windows. You can recover your lost data on Windows PCs and window-based devices using 4DDiG software. The guide below will find simple steps for recovering data from local disks, external devices, USBs, and SF cards.
- Download and install Tenorshare 4DDiG on your Windows computer. After launching it, you will be presented with some options. Then select the local disc and the exact location from where you have lost your data and start.
- After 4DDiG analyses your local disk, you will be shown the following categories. Deleted Files, Existing Files, Lost Location Raw Files, and Tag Files. Moreover, you can switch the view to see photos, videos, documents, etc.
- Once the targeted files will appear. You can then recover them to a safe location. You can choose another file to save them in. Moreover, do not use the existing file where you have lost your data.
Recover deleted files on Mac
You can quickly recover SD card deleted files on Mac using Tenorshare 4DDiG software by following these easy steps.
- Download and install Tenorshare 4DDiG on your macOS computer. Make sure you have connected the particular SD card to the Mac. Launch the software, locate the SD card, and click the scan button to look for lost files.
- After 4DDiG is done scanning, you will be shown the file types. You can choose the files you want to recover.
- After selecting the files, click on recover and select a save location on the SD card or any other disk. In this way, you can recover deleted files on an SD card on a Mac.
When someone deletes accidentally or for any other reason, data recovery software tools such as Tenoshare 4DDiG can be a life saver to get them back with a few clicks.