I'm pleased to say that my new Building Web APIs with ASP NET Core book made it into the Manning's Top 10 Titles list in its first week of release!
This list contains the 10 most popular and best-selling releases in the entire Manning catalog for the whole week. Being able to get in there so fast is a remarkable and unexpected result for which I thank all the colleagues, friends, followers, and buyers who have decided to trust me and the project.
If you want to get your copy, you can purchase it through the following online stores:
- Manning Online Store
- Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.in, Amazon.com.au, Amazon.it, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp
- Google Books
- Barnes & Noble
- Simon & Schuster
- Mondadori Store
Many thanks to those who will get it!
About the Book
Building Web APIs with ASP.NET Core teaches you how to write safe, maintainable, and performant REST APIs. It’s full of best practices for modern and classic API styles, including REST and GraphQL. You’ll love the groundbreaking Minimal API model that helps you build pro-quality APIs with just a few lines of code. Each chapter contains realistic user stories, backlog items, and development tasks.
- Create an ASP.NET Core project from scratch
- Set up a data model with Entity Framework Core
- Create backend controllers
- Design an API to serve data
Table of Contents
- PART 1 - GETTING STARTED
- Web APIs at a glance
- Our first web API project
- RESTful principles and guidelines
- PART 2 - BASIC CONCEPTS
- Working with data
- CRUD operations
- Data validation and error handling
- PART 3 - ADVANCED CONCEPTS
- Application logging
- Caching techniques
- Authentication and authorization
- Beyond REST
- PART 4 - TOWARD PRODUCTION
- API documentation
- Release and deployment