I recently had my hard time trying to setup an ASP.NET Core 1.0 & Angular2 RC1 Web Project with Visual Studio 2015 and make the embedded TypeScript compiler/transpiler accept it. These were the errors I was facing:
TS2304: Cannot find name 'Map'.
TS2304: Cannot find name 'Set'.
TS2304: Cannot find name 'Promise'.
TS2304: Cannot find name 'MapConstructor'.
TS2304: Cannot find name 'SetConstructor'.
As far as I knew, the issue was indeed related to the recent upgrade I made switching Angular2 beta to Angular2 RC1. I managed to fix that, but it took a fair amount of time due to the lack of documentation almost anywhere. Since I feel like it can happen to other developers, I will share the workarounds I found hoping to help someone to waste less time than I had to.